You must register to see all the parts of this notice board, without registering you can only see the topics in this Welcome section, there are several other sections which are only revealed when you log in.
To register carry out the following.
- Find and click on the registration link at the top right of this page
- Read through the registration agreement and provided you accept this click on the 'I accept the terms of the agreement' button at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your user name and enter it in the first box and then type in your email address. Choose a password and enter that in both the Choose Password and Verify Password boxes, take care that your address is correct or you will not receive the verification message that you need to activate your registration
- If you want to receive mail directly from other forum users then put a tick in the Allow users to email me box, otherwise they will not be able to email you and reply to your queries.
- You then need to complete the verification section by typing in the characters displayed and entering the validation code that you can obtain by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, these are to stop robots accessing and spamming the forum.
- Click the Register Button.
- A thank you page will be displayed indicating that your registration has been accepted.
- After a short while [Usually instantly] you will get a mail to the mail address that you registered with.
- Click on (or cut and paste to your browser) the link, which will take you to the account activation page. Sometimes your mail program will cut the link into two lines, if that happens then you need to cut and paste both bits into your browser to reconstruct the full link. Or make a note of the activation code and return to the main forum page and find the link near the log in link at the top left that says 'Did you miss your activation email?' this will take you to a page that you can insert your activation code to activate your subscription.
- Log in using your name and password as contained in your welcome message. Note that you can choose to log on for a specific time, useful if you share computers and do not want to leave your account open, or use the always stay logged in box so that you do not need to log in each time you visit the site, this is fine if you are the sole user of your computer.
- To login in future go to the Forum and put your user name and password into the boxes near the top right of the page, if you selected always stay logged in you will not have to log in each time.
- If you are a full society member then don't forget to upgrade your membership to see other parts of the forum. Instructions are in the forum or you can go to the home page of the main site and click on the link there, about half way down the page on the left hand side.
Please note that Forum registrations will be limited to 3 posts unless you are a member of the Society when there is no limit.
If you have any difficulties then please mail the administrator at email@example.com
I hope you enjoy the Forum facilities.